Sunday, December 29, 2013

August 2013

I didn't get much done in Michigan this summer. I got very busy with other things.  A friend of mine had 2 strokes during the winter and asked if I would fly him around in his Luscombe.  I usually fly my Citabria while my husband drives the SUV.  He is not a pilot and does not relish 2400 miles in a small aircraft.  This year I left the Citabria in California, drove with my husband, and flew the Luscombe in Michigan.  I got much better at propping and my friend got to fly.  I also discovered that a Luscombe is slightly aerobatic.  It was interesting to try a little acro in a Luscombe, without my friend, of course.
I did get the counterweight ribs and brackets cut, drilled and fitted

meanwhile, updrilling the lead was a slow process.

by the time I returned, they were drilled and fitted

No comments:

Post a Comment