Friday, April 25, 2014

March and April

Friends offered to loan me a C set and help rivet, so I started on the machine angle parts I will need for the spars. I'll finish the ailerons and flaps once I get the spars done.  My friend Jim Gates has a great wing cradle he built from 1" X 3"s for his Onex.  I'm adapting that for my Sonex.  I made a full scale template from the drawing above of the Tip Web.  It made it easier to check my measurements.
using the plans as a template to line up the parts of the wing attach assemblies.

The machinists on the field did not have much advice on bending the angles.   I called Sonex and they said to use a dead blow hammer and get the angles close.  The assembly will snug them up.  So that's what I did.

All the assembles machine angle parts for the right spar
This was the hardest piece.



 All parts assembled for right spar.

No comments:

Post a Comment